Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Feeling Safe in Your Home

Do you feel safe in your home? Do you have a sense of ease walking around your home with the doors unlocked or the windows opened? Do you have reason to believe that you aren’t safe and need to take steps to secure your home?

As a resident of the city of Seattle in Washington, I never felt the need to take extra precautions to secure my home until a series of neighborhood break-ins changed my mind. Once a haven for me and my friends, we’d walk to and from local restaurants and shopping excursions. My sense of ease was tarnished by reported home invasions where the intruders entered the home without the homeowner’s knowledge. My neighborhood seemed to be particularly at risk due to the locale of the other break-ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment